new year

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Meager Little Garden

This blog is as a result of Brandon Hess. He told me the other day at the Salt Lake
Buzz game we went to that our blog stuck. He made the comment because we haven't
blogged very frequently. So, here you go Brandon this one is for you.
We have been pretty busy lately. Jess left for the MTC on wednesday June 3rd. It was a really quick goodbye because the MTC is afraid of the Swine Flu spreading anymore that it already has inside. A total of 3 missionaries have it. Needless to say my Mom wasn't a happy camper after we threw Jess out on the curb and got run off by a cranky old Elder missionary. This is about the only decent picture we got of Jess before he had to go inside. We didn't even get to see his missionary tag.
On to other items of interest. Today when I got home from work Britney and I decided to see how green our thumbs really are. I planted actual plants in a big pot, which included: corn, carrots, peas, onions, and little tiny pumpkins. I really don't know if they will actually grow, but it will be fun to see what comes up. I'm mostly excited for the corn. I think it will be amazing if i can get it to grow in a pot. To tell you the truth there it probably too much trying to grow in one pot. Britney on the other hand got some flowers and and put them in her own pots.

This is my mini garden

This is Britney's flower garden in the process.

And here is the finished product.

We are having tons of fun being home this summer. I didn't realize what it was like to not be a slave for the summer. We'll see if we can make this a more frequent event.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. That is a lot of vegetables in one pot, hopefully they work! Thanks for updating your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad you guys are having fun. we miss you.. and yes we are slaves. hope everything is going well.. continue to update frequently PLEASE its fun to see what you guys are doing when we dont get to see you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a blog...I discovered it while looking at Sam and Kyrsten's blog. It's good to see you've joined the cool people. I feel bad for your mom not getting to say a decent goodbye to Jess. I hope he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete