new year

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rob's Surgery

Rob had his surgery today. We had to be there by 6:00 am. Rob decided to work last night so he didn't sleep at all before his surgery. We got there at 6:00 am but they didn't start the surgery until 7:00 am. I was able to wait with Rob until he was wheeled off. The RN gave Rob some "happy" medicine and I thought it was so funny that when they were wheeling him away he was just all smiles. Life couldn't be any better for him, he was feeling good! The surgery was only suppose to last an hour so I was getting a little nervous when it reached 9:00 am and I hadn't heard anything. Soon after 9:00 am the doctor came in and talked with me. He told me that everything went well and they didn't have to do a bone graft!! Yeah!! He does have some screws, a plate, and an artifical spacer in his arm. They let me go see him in the recovery room. While I was there Rob was trying to tell the nurse that he was in pain but it came out in a very long slured speech. The nurse understood though, and i was impressed. Rob doesn't even remember me coming and seeing him. He is doing really well today. His arm hurts but thats understandable. He bascially has been sleeping all day which is good. We'll keep you posted.

Right after the surgery


Sorry about those last two pictures I don't know why they won't rotate. These are xrays of his arm.

4 comments:

  1. ouch. poor rob. we hope you feel better! we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way glad you got to see beth! those puppies are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh I love finding more people with blogs! i hope rob is recovering quickly from his surgery! it was so good to see you guys last month - it would be great to see you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad everything went well!! It was good to see you guys!! Even though its not the funnest place for the patients, its fun to see peolpe i know!! Colman says HI too!

    ReplyDelete