new year

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Update

So today I met with the Orthopedic Surgeon about my elbow. He told me unfortunately there is nothing we can do, so their going to have to amputate. It's kinda sad, but I guess who needs two arms. Just kidding, but what he did say was that I had broken my arm somewhere in the past. Most likely it was when I was a sophomore in high school. I remember my arm hurt for like six months. Who knows why I never got an x-ray. Oh well. Dr. Coker told me that I was a freak of nature, and it healed with a nice thick scar. The only problem was that the bone scars don't always show up on x-ray. He said that I have a funny x-ray but a normal elbow for now. He said he is 99% sure that my elbow will be fine, but I have a follow up visit in two weeks to make it 100% sure. That was some good news. Apparently I did some bruising and spraining that should heal fine. The only problem was my freakish x-ray that didn't tell the whole story. I'm just glad that I know now and don't have to have surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment